Unleash the power, speed, and stability of DreamHost’s VPS hosting.
DreamHost VPS Hosting is a hosting solution for websites and applications, where server resources are isolated for individual users. VPS users experience more consistent performance, which translates to more responsive and faster websites. The difference between shared and VPS hosting comes down to three things: resources, price, and performance. Resources — Plain and simple, shared hosting is sharing a server with other websites, where VPS hosting provides server resources dedicated to you. Many of the key configuration options for your VPS server are configured on the fly by DreamHost’s automation system to take the best advantage of your available server resources. This equals unrivaled power, low latency and high performance… because seconds count.
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Locations: Los Angeles (USA)
Basic Price: $10/mo
DreamHost VPS Hosting
DreamHost VPS Hosting Plans
DreamHost VPS Hosting Core Features:
- Managed. Enjoy friendly, smart assistance from our world-class Technical Support and Operations teams. DreamHost experts keep your server running & up-to-date with security patches, OS updates, and more.
- Scalable RAM. Growing quickly? Start with 1GB of RAM and easily scale up, quickly and effortlessly from within your VPS control panel.
- Unlimited 24/7 Support. DreamHost expert Technical Support team is on standby to diagnose and solve any issues you encounter. No question is too basic or complex.
- Unlimited Bandwidth. There are no limits on the amount of traffic your VPS hosted site or app can receive. All they ask is that you be nice and comply with “unlimited policy”.
- VPS Control Panel. The DreamHost control panel is straightforward and simple. DreamHost is a company run by developers who build and maintain websites, and pro-level control panel shows it.
- Reseller and Sub Account Features. Create an unlimited number of sub accounts to help you manage client accounts, client and contractor website access, FTP, and billing.
- 100% Uptime Guarantee. DreamHost business-class track record means some of the industry’s best uptime performance.
- SSL/TLS Certificate. Free secure certificates through the Let’s Encrypt project encrypt all traffic between your website and its visitors.
- Solid State Drives (SSD). 20x faster than standard SATA disk drives, we provide all new virtual private servers with high performance SSD hard drives that range from 30GB to 240GB.
- Unlimited MySQL Databases. MySQL is the workhorse of the web database world, and DreamHost even offer a VPS option pre-configured to deliver an optimized MySQL experience. Easily set up and create MySQL databases within your control panel.
- Unlimited Website Hosting. Host an unlimited number of domains and websites on your VPS server.
- Unlimited Email Accounts. Create enough email accounts to give to all your friends, family, associates, pets, and postal workers. It’s a nice gesture.
DreamHost VPS Hosting Promo
DreamHost VPS Hosting Summary
The DreamHost Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a premium hosting solution based on Solid State Drives (SSDs.) It is available as an add-on to an existing DreamHost plan or a standalone service. DreamHost VPSs use Linux-VServer to create a "virtual machine" that protects a user's CPU and RAM resources from other users on the same physical machine. Each VPS comes with its own IP address included. You can then add a Unique IP to each domain (IPv4 or IPv6) for an additional fee. Unlike a regular shared hosting setup, VPSs allow for persistent processes to run. Regardless of how long it takes to run these processes (web invoked, console invoked, cron, or otherwise), the processes are never killed by the server.
What features does a VPS include?
- Protected CPU and RAM.
- Persistent processes are allowed (and are never killed).
- Ability to alter the memory on the fly, without the need to reboot.
- Ability to reboot the server from the panel.
- Historical memory and load graphs can be viewed on the panel.
- SSD-based drives offering speeds 20x times faster than traditional SATA disk drives.