HostGator shared web hosting is the perfect start.
HostGator was founded in October 2002 by Brent Oxley, who was then a student at Florida Atlantic University. By 2006, HostGator had passed the 200,000 mark in registered domains. In 2006, the company moved from the original office in Boca Raton, Florida to a new 20,000 square foot building in Houston, Texas.In 2008, Inc. Magazine ranked HostGator in its list of fastest growing companies at 21 in the United States and 1 in the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, Texas area. The same year, HostGator decided to make their hosting service green hosting by working with Integrated Ecosystem Market Services. HostGator Shared web hosting is simply when one server hosts multiple customers. This is the most common and cost effective option for web hosting. HostGator shared web hosting servers are configured for maximum security and performance relative to the number of customers, and types of websites, being hosted. In other words, there’s no need to give any thought to the other websites on the same server as you; we’ve got all that handled.
Headquarters: Houston, Texas, United States
Locations: Houston, TX and Provo, UT (USA)
Basic Price: $2.75/mo
HostGator Shared Web Hosting Plans:
HostGator Shared Hosting Core Features:
- Fast & easy setup. Getting started has never been faster, or easier. Upon signup your account is created in no time.
- Free domain transfer. One domain transfer is included for free. Additional domains can be transferred for a small fee.
- One-click installs. Get up and running via a single click with WordPress, Magento, or many other popular MySQL-based scripts.
- Free SSL Certificate. A free SSL certificate is included with all shared hosting accounts to help ensure overall account security.
- Support 24/7/365. Support staff is available for web hosting support 24/7/365, and can assist you via Telephone or LiveChat with any hosting-related questions.
- cPanel control panel. All of shared hosting accounts proudly include cPanel, the industry-standard web hosting control panel.
HostGator Hosting Promo
HostGator Hosting Summary
HostGator is a global provider of web hosting and related services. Founded in a dorm room at Florida Atlantic University by Brent Oxley, HostGator has grown into a leading provider of Shared, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated web hosting. HostGator is headquartered in Houston and Austin, Texas, with several international offices throughout the globe. HostGator utilizes top tier data centers in Houston, TX and Provo, UT. Houston data center is located at the CyrusOne Houston West facility and Provo data center resides within the Ace Data Centers facility. HostGator's strategic utilization of these facilities provides the flexibility to deliver the performance, quality and reliability required for their customers to succeed. To ensure that service remains uninterrupted data centers utilize state of the art server hardware, HVAC, electrical and network systems. To turn your grand idea into a reality, your business needs the flexibility of shared hosting. It basically works like this: if you intend to conduct eCommerce on your website, accepting credit cards and selling goods or services, then you need the Business plan. If you don't need eCommerce functionality, but do intend to host more than one domain, then the Baby plan should be perfect for you. If your intention is to host a single domain without eCommerce, then the Hatchling plan should meet your needs. It's really just those 3 factors that determine the best plan for you.